Saturday Day Course with Lunch £90
Wine Tasting Days 11am-4pm, includes a Champagne tasting and delicious 2- course lunch at the wonderful County Club in the heart of Guildford
Our Saturday courses are set in the prestigious surrounds of The County Club in central Guildford and are suitable for anyone. If you haven't had any previous wine tasting experience you will feel completely at home, but with 12 great wines to explore even experienced tasters learn something new. The County Club is a private members club and is a short walk from the train station which makes this the ideal place to enjoy a great days wine tasting and a lovely 2 course lunch.
Want to try a wide variety of wines and learn about new grape varieties? Want to discover which wines match best with which foods? Want a fun, interactive weekend Wine Tasting Day which will teach you all the basics about wine and a little more? Then this is the course for you!
Here is what one of our customers wrote about the Saturday course in April 2015
'I have just been on the Surrey Wine School Saturday course and cannot recommend it more highly. I went to learn the basics of wine tasting which I did in spade, but I am not sure I expected to have such a truly enjoyable day too. Jeremy is great and delivered a perfect balance of a most informative but fun time. I am going to go back for more, not only because I want to now learn more, but because it was such a good day out. Thank you to Surrey Wine School. Ingrid via tripdvisor
Surrey Wine School is rated as the number 1 activity in Guildford due to its Tripadvisor reviews read some here Surrey Tripadvisor Reviews
Our Saturday Courses are a great way to spend an enjoyable day learning about wine and include lunch and Champagne tasting! This Wine Tasting Day is suitable for those who haven't had any previous wine tasting experience; but with 12 great wines to taste and explore, we are sure that even those with a little knowledge will learn something new.
Our venue for the Saturday Course is the fantastic County Club in central Guildford
- Introduction to Wine Tasting - How to taste wines; aroma, taste, describing wines
- The Effect of Climate - hot versus cool & Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- How Wine is Made - grapes, fermentation
- Recognising elements of wine-tannin,acidity,oak
- Tutored tasting of 12 wines
- Major Red Grape Varieties – 6 wines including some of the following Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others
- Major White Grape Varieties – 6 wines including some of the following Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling,Chenin Blanc & others!
- Old World Classics (France, Italy, Spain) vs New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California)
- Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice
- Which wines to buy/where to obtain the best value for money/storing and serving wine/understanding wine labels
This is a great opportunity to meet like minded people and taste world class wines with a delicious lunch crammed in too !.
This course can be purchased as a Gift Voucher- a great gift for birthdays or other special occasions!
11am to 4pm, 12 wines including Champagne and a tasty two-course lunch at the County Club in the heart of Guildford The County Club provides a selection of dining settings, including
Places remaining: 0
Date/Time: 27th Jun 2020 at 11am- 4pm
Venue: The County Club,158 High St,Guildford,Surrey,GU1 3HJ