8 Week Intro £95
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Wine !
Our most popular course is run in Guildford over eight wonderful nights of wine discovery. The evenings are a great way to meet people who share your passion for wine in a relaxed and informal enviroment. Reviews from previous courses have ensured that Surrey Wine School remains the number one activity in GUILDFORD on TRIPADVISOR so read them all here Here is what one of our customers wrote about the 8 Week Course
"We originally went on a 1 night taster, and it was so much fun we signed up for the 8 week course, and then some other specials.All the evenings were fun and informative, the style is relaxed, informal and inclusive, full of useful information and tips, and plenty of wine!" Ian 2014 Via Tripadvisor
Our World of Wine Course runs one evening per week for 8 weeks and is designed as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is structured for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it in a fun and relaxed environment. You need no previous experience – the emphasis is on learning by your own experience of tasting the different varieties of wine. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your enjoyment of wine.
Please Note: the £95 course fee excludes the cost of wine and materials, which is priced at £10 per evening payable on the night. The total charge per evening is therefore just under £22, representing a total Saving of £25 off the price of the eight evenings booked seperately (like having one night free)!
" Having just completed the 8-week course I can honestly say I can't think of a better way to spend a Thursday evening. Jeremy Blood is an outstanding teacher; I have learned so much under his expert guidance - and not only that, he makes it great fun as well. I've tasted some terrific wines, had my eyes opened to new wine experiences, and been inspired to try new wine and food combinations; also I've met some really nice people on the course. I recommend the Surrey Wine School 8-week course wholeheartedly".Eugene Visited December 2015
This 8-week Wine Course can also be purchased as a great gift idea- perfect for birthdays and special anniversaries!
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
No problem - Pick up the missed session on the next World of Wine Course, or get a credit you can use for any of our wine courses or wine tastings. Courses run throughout the year - more dates announced soon.
KEY FEATURES OF THE 8-WEEK WORLD OF WINE COURSE
- Taste over 50 delicious wines in 8 weeks
- Retail prices of wines tasted will generally be between £5 and £20
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine and food matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing and serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major red grape varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Grenache and others
- Taste the world’s major white grape varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon, Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc and others
- Professional ISO tasting glasses, tasting notes and course notes are all provided
WINE COURSE OUTLINE: WEEK BY WEEK
- Week 1 - France - Bordeaux, Rhone & South France
- Week 2 - Australia & New Zealand
- Week 3 - France - Burgundy & Loire
- Week 4 - Chile & Argentina
- Week 5 - Italy, Spain & Portugal
- Week 6 - USA & South Africa
- Week 7- Alsace, Germany, Austria & UK
- Week 8 - Champagne & Sparkling Wines
Tastings start at 7.00pm and run for approx 2 hours, finishing at 9.00pm.
WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR? The 8 week World of Wine Course is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically for people who
Places remaining: 13
Date/Time: 5th Oct 2017 at 7.00pm-9.00pm
Venue: The Guildford Institute,Ward Street, Guildford,GU14LH