Special Seafood and Wine
Welcome to an evening filled with delicious seafood and zesty, crisp wines to match...
Our resident professional chef, Jacqueline Wise, will introduce you to the stunning flavours of the sea. Learn how to choose, prepare and cook a variety of fish , discover which seasonings can enhance your seafood dishes and watch as restaurant standard dishes are prepared in front of your eyes.
On this course Jacqueline will be preparing stunning Crab tarts with dill cream & cress demonstrating how to prepare them fresh. We will be tasting tasty Seabass fillet with a lemon beurre blanc sauce and Mussels in a tomato & chorizo sauce. As with all of our cookery demonstration evenings, all food will be prepared and presented in front of you and small tastings of each dish will be provided for you to enjoy!
But the evening wouldn't be complete without a lineup of deliciously fragrant wines for you to try and enjoy with your seafood cuisine. Your Wine School host Jeremy will be on hand to lead you through the basic principles of marrying seafood with wine. You will learn how to match up challenging flavours such as chilli, garlic and salt with thirst-quenching white, rose or even red ! . By the end of the evening you will be able to recreate restaurant quality dishes, matched with perfect wines, in your own home.
So come down and join us for a sensational evening of superb food and wine!
Your Course Includes-
• Cookery demonstration of three seperate seafood dishes prepared by a professional chef with tasting samples
• Tips and tricks on knife handling, food preparation, presentation and other cookery skills
• Tips on where to buy the best seafood locally
• Tutored tasting of at least 6 wines to match with these and other seafood dishes
• Full tasting notes on your wines and information about where to buy then locally
• Full lists of all the ingredients and recipes demonstrated on the night.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Fri 3rd May 2019 at 7pm -9.00pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: The Guildford Institute,Ward Street, Guildford,GU14LH