Introduction to Wine (GUILDFORD)
If you want to get a taste of what we offer at Surrey Wine School, then join us for an introductory look at the wonderfully diverse world of wine. We will taste at least six wines from around the world and provide many pointers to enhance your appreciation of wine.
By the end of the evening you will have learned:
- How to taste wine like a professional
- How to identify aromas and flavours in wine
- About the influence of climate and weather on wine
- How different components such as acidity and alcohol form the building blocks of wine
- What influence oak and other wine-making techniques have on the wine in your glass
- About the principles of food and wine matching
- How to choose wine with confidence: we discuss how to interpret wine labels
All tastings include: minimum of 6 wines sourced locally so you can find them easily if you like them, full tasting notes, use of professional tastings glasses.
We will we taste 6 excellent wines from Australia, France, Italy, New Zealand, South America, & Spain. This course is perfect for people who are new to wine tasting and just want to learn more in a relaxed environment.
This evening makes a great present and can be bought as a gift voucher for just £25.00.
Places remaining: 7
Course Date/Time: Fri 9th Jun 2017 at 7.00pm-9.00pm
Duration: 2 Hours
Venue: The Guildford Institute,Ward Street, Guildford,GU14LH