Introduction to Wine
If you want to get a taste of what we offer at Surrey Wine School, then join us for an introductory look at the wonderfully diverse world of wine. We will taste at least six wines from around the world and provide many pointers to enhance your appreciation of wine.
By the end of the evening you will have learned:
- How to taste wine like a professional
- How to identify aromas and flavours in wine
- About the influence of climate and weather on wine
- What influence oak and other wine-making techniques have on the wine in your glass
- Some principles of food and wine matching
- How to choose wine with more confidence: we discuss how to interpret wine labels
We will taste 6 excellent wines from France and the new world from countries such as New Zealand and South America. This course is perfect for people who are new to wine tasting and just want to learn more in a relaxed environment.
All tastings include; minimum of 6 wines sourced locally so you can find them easily if you like them, full tasting notes, tasting sheet and use of professional tasting glasses.
All our courses can be purchased as a gift - either purchase using the 'book now' button below and then email us to ask us to send a Gift Voucher OR buy an open voucher (2 year expiry date !) so your recipient can choose when to come (the evening repeats through the year).
Places remaining: 8
Course Date/Time: Thu 9th Jan 2020 at 7.00pm-9.00pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: The Guildford Institute,Ward Street, Guildford,GU14LH