Cookery and Wine -Steak and Red Wine Night
Our resident professional chef, Maxwell McKenzie, will be back to introduce you to great steak.
Join us on a fabulous evening learning about the art of preparing great steak dishes. You will see how to select your steak, what makes a good steak, and how to cook your steak. Maxwell will be showing three different cuts of steak, and what makes each one special. In addition, learn how to make a delicious sauce to accompany your steak, along with lots of other professional tips.
Accompanying your cookery demonstration will be 6 delicious wines to compliment your food, all especially chosen by your Wine School host Jeremy. Learn how to match different wines for yourself as we talk about the role of tannin, fruit and aroma in helping you choose your perfect wine for your own steak dishes. Taste full-bodied, chunky Chianti Classico with rib eye steak, delicately chocolaty Carmenere,Rioja, and of course Malbec the wine of choice for steak .
By the end of this course you will feel able to prepare these delicious meals yourself at home and impress your friends with your ability to match food and wine.
Your Course Includes-
• Cookery demonstration of three separate steak dishes prepared by a professional chef, with tasting samples
• Tips and tricks on knife handling, food preparation, presentation and other cookery skills
• Hints on where to buy the very best steak locally
• Tutored tasting of at least 6 red wines to match with these and other beef dishes
• Full tasting notes on your wines and information about where to buy then locally
• Full lists of all the ingredients and recipes demonstrated on the night
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Fri 14th Jul 2017 at 7pm -9.00pm
Duration: 2.0 hours
Venue: The Guildford Institute,Ward Street, Guildford,GU14LH