Cookery and Wine -Steak and Red Wine Night
Professional chef, Jacqueline Wise is joining us tonight to introduce you to great steak. Jacqueline is a creative and experienced Cordon Bleu Chef trained at Tante Marie Culinary Academy, Jacqueline has worked at Buckingham Palace, The Ritz and Michelin Star restaurants. Jacqueline has been on the Radio and Television sharing her knowledge and reached the semi finals of Young Chef of the Year competition, as well as winning TV Show 'Win it Cook it' on Channel 4."
Join us on a fabulous evening learning about the art of preparing great steak dishes. You will see how to select your steak, what makes a good steak, and how to cook your steak. Jacqueline will be showing three different cuts of steak, and what makes each one special. In addition, learn how to make a delicious sauce to accompany each steak, along with lots of other professional tips.
Accompanying Jacqueline's demonstration will be 6 delicious wines to compliment your food, all especially chosen by your Wine School host Jeremy. Learn how to match different wines for yourself as we talk about the role of tannin, fruit and aroma in helping you choose your perfect wine for your own steak dishes. We will be pairing a range of red wines from all over the World.
By the end of this course you will feel able to prepare these delicious meals yourself at home and impress your friends with your ability to match food and wine.
Your Course Includes-
• Cookery demonstration of three separate steak dishes prepared by a professional chef, with tasting samples
• Tips and tricks on knife handling, food preparation, presentation and other cookery skills
• Hints on where to buy the very best steak locally
• Tutored tasting of at least 6 red wines to match with these and other beef dishes
• Full tasting notes on your wines and information about where to buy then locally
• Full lists of all the ingredients and recipes demonstrated on the night
Places remaining: 5
Course Date/Time: Fri 5th Jul 2019 at 7pm -9.00pm
Duration: 2.0 hours
Venue: The Guildford Institute,Ward Street, Guildford,GU14LH