Lamb and Rioja September 2017
As part of our Cookery Demonstration Series, featuring local chef, Maxwell McKenzie, we are pleased to introduce this fabulous Lamb and Rioja wine tasting night.
This evening would make a really special Christmas present for the food and wine lover in your life. Don't forget to ask us to send you a gift voucher by clicking on the link on your confirmation email once you have booked your place.
A show-stopping evening at Surrey Wine School featuring the talents of our resident Wine School chef, Maxwell McKenzie, as he prepares three delicious lamb dishes LIVE in class- learn how simple and easy it can be to prepare and cook lamb with three different tasty sauces and learn the tricks of the restaurant kitchens from a professional chef.
On the evenings menu will be the following dishes which not only will you see Maxwell make but you also get to taste the delicious results.
• Slow Braised Lamb Neck with White Beans
• Roasted Lamb Loin with Shaved Fennel Salad & Lamb Sauce
• Pressed Lamb Breast (Deep Fried!) with a Green Sauce
To match the beautiful food which will be tasted in class, your Wine School host Jeremy will be selecting a line-up of 6 stellar wines from Rioja including white and rose and red crianza, reserva and the pinnacle gran reserva. Discover more about the uniquely food friendly wines of this gastronomic country and pick up tips on how you can choose wines to match your own cooking at home. Jeremy will lead a short session on the theories behind food and wine matching before putting your new found skills into practice with Maxwell's tasty food!
Your Course Includes-
• Cookery demonstration of three lamb dishes prepared by a professional chef, with tasting samples
• Tips and tricks on knife handling, food preparation, presentation and other cookery skills
• Tips on where to buy the best meats locally
• Tutored tasting of at least 6 wines to match with these and other dishes
• Full tasting notes on your wines and information about where to buy them locally
• Full lists of all the ingredients and recipes demonstrated on the night
Learn how to cook and taste wine like the professionals with Surrey Wine School!
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Fri 22nd Sep 2017 at 7.00pm -9.00pm
Duration: 2 Hours
Venue: The Guildford Institute Ward Street Guildford GU14LH