Cookery and Wine -Lamb and Rioja
As part of our Cookery Demonstration Series, featuring local Chef, Jacqueline Wise we are pleased to introduce this fabulous Lamb and Rioja wine tasting night.
This evening would make a really special evening for the food and wine lover in your life.
A show-stopping evening at Surrey Wine School featuring the talents of Jacqueline Wise, as she prepares three delicious lamb dishes LIVE in class- learn how simple and easy it can be to prepare and cook lamb with three different tasty sauces and learn the tricks of the restaurant kitchens from a professional chef.
Jacquline is a creative and experienced Cordon Bleu Chef trained at Tante Marie Culinary Academy, Jacqueline has worked at Buckingham Palace, The Ritz and Michelin Star restaurants. Jacqueline has been on the Radio and Television sharing her knowledge and reached the semi finals of Young Chef of the Year competition, as well as winning TV Show 'Win it Cook it' on Channel 4."
On the evening you will try 3 taster size samples different cuts of lamb as shown below with different sauces prepared in front of you by Jacqueline .
• Seared and roasted rump of lamb with rioja & rosemary reduction
• Lamb kofta kebabs with homemade tzatziki
• Slow-cooked lamb shank with chorizo, tomato & butter beans
To match the beautiful food which will be tasted in class, your Wine School host Jeremy will be selecting a line-up of 6 stellar wines from Rioja including white and rose and red crianza, reserva and the pinnacle gran reserva. Discover more about the uniquely food friendly wines of this gastronomic country and pick up tips on how you can choose wines to match your own cooking at home. Jeremy will lead a short session on the theories behind food and wine matching before putting your new found skills into practice with Jacqueline's tasty food!
Your Course Includes-
• Cookery demonstration of three lamb dishes prepared by a professional chef, with tasting samples
• Tips and tricks on knife handling, food preparation, presentation and other cookery skills
• Tips on where to buy the best meats locally
• Tutored tasting of at least 6 wines to match with these and other dishes
• Full tasting notes on your wines and information about where to buy them locally
• Full lists of all the ingredients and recipes demonstrated on the night
Learn how to cook and taste wine like the professionals with Surrey Wine School!
Places remaining: 16
Course Date/Time: Fri 20th Mar 2020 at 7.00pm -9.00pm
Duration: 2 Hours
Venue: The Guildford Institute Ward Street Guildford GU14LH