Cookery and Wine Matching Vegetarian and Vegan Food and Wine Matching
Are you looking for inspiration for healthier and more sustainable recipes to add to your repertoire? Join us for a brand new vegetarian and vegan cookery and wine matching evening! Our resident Chef Jacqueline Wise has three fantastic dishes to share which will impress even the most ardent of meat eaters.
Jacqueline is a creative and experienced Cordon Bleu Chef trained at Tante Marie Culinary Academy, she has worked at Buckingham Palace, The Ritz and Michelin Star restaurants. Jacqueline has been on the Radio and Television sharing her knowledge and reached the semi finals of Young Chef of the Year competition. She won TV Show 'Win it Cook it' on Channel 4, and was also a contestant on Masterchef the Professionals.
Accompanying Jacqueline's cookery demonstration will be 6 delicious wines to compliment your food, all especially chosen by your Wine School host Jeremy. But do wines pair differently with vegan food? Clue: the ingredients are everything. So come and learn the principles of food and wine pairing from a vegan perspective with us.
At this event all wines sampled will be vegan (and no, by itself that makes no difference to the quality of a wine). We'll explain the reason there are vegan and vegetarian wines on the market
By the end of this course you will feel able to prepare these delicious vegetarian meals yourself at home and impress your friends with your ability to match food and wine.
- Organic local halloumi, pumpkin seed and carrot fritters (Vegetarian)
- Tofu satay with peanut sauce (Vegan)
- Jackfruit 'pulled pork' tacos with mango salsa & lime cream (Vegan)
Your Course Includes-
• Cookery demonstration of three separate vegetarian dishes prepared by a professional chef, with tasting samples
• Tips and tricks on knife handling, food preparation, presentation and other cookery skills
• Hints on where to source ingredients locally and sustainable
• Tutored tasting of at least 6 wines to match with these and other dishes
• Full tasting notes on your wines and information about where to buy then locally
• Full lists of all the ingredients and recipes demonstrated on the night
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Fri 3rd Apr 2020 at 7.00pm -9.00pm
Duration: 2 Hours
Venue: The Guildford Institute Ward Street Guildford GU14LH