Cheese and Wine Tasting - ONLINE
If you love Cheese half as much as we do, you're in for a treat on our Online Cheese and Wine Tasting Evening.
The evening kicks off with a Cheese tasting 101 hosted by Debbie Ault our professional cheese taster (yes there are cheese qualifications!). Debbie will share how the different cheeses are made and what gives different cheeses their unique flavours. She will teach you how to taste the cheeses as well as then wines and then show you how to bring the two skills together to create some amazing pairings.
Debbie has selected 4 great British cheeses to taste with 2 superb wines.
- Bordeaux Cru Bourgeois - e.g. Chateau L'estran 2014. From one of the most iconic wine regions in the world, we'll be tasting a left bank Cabernet Sauvignon lead Bordeaux from a great vintage recognised as Cru Bourgeois status (currently £9.99 on a mix 6 deal at Majestic)
- Australian Clare Valley Riesling - e.g. Jim Barry Lodge Hill Riesling. A new World classic, a dry Riesling, with high acidity and distinct citrus flavours to make you mouth water! (currently £10.99 on a mix 6 deal at Majestic)
You can pick up these exact wines at your local Majestic Wine store or you will find these styles of wine listed in most supermarket’s including Waitrose.
- Ash covered goats cheese e.g. Driftwood Goats Cheese - goats cheese log made by White Lake in Pylle, Somerset. This ash coated goats cheese log has an ash cover and a soft, creamy texture. With citrus notes and earthy undertones.
- Mature Cheddar - e.g. Montgomery’s Cheddar - Montgomery’s Mature Cheddar is the epitome of traditional, handmade, unpasteurised Somerset Cheddar, matured for 12 months wrapped in muslin cloth on wooden shelves and has deep, rich nutty flavours.
- Blue Cheese - e.g. Shropshire Blue - Shropshire Blue cheese has a strong and sharp flavour, similar to other Blue cheeses such as Stilton and Blue Cheshire, but substantially creamier. There is a sour, yeasty bite contained within the rich, mellowing taste, accompanied by a tangy aroma.
- Brie Style - e.g. Baron Bigod - A Brie-style cheese with a crumbly texture at the core, and a silky breakdown at the rind. From Fen Farmin Suffolk. The flavour balances a clean lactic brightness with mushroomy, vegetal notes.
As with all our cheese events we have teamed up with Partisan Cheese Monger and Deli in Guildford to arrange a special selection for all the evenings links to the events and prices can be viewed here .Wine and Cheese Course Partisan Deli
The price of £15 is per houshold, not per person. The ticket price does not include the cost of the cheeses and wines.
If you also want to learn how to pair cheese with Whisky, Beer, & Gin you can join us for our 4 week course ‘Pair Cheese Like a Pro’ For details click here.
Places remaining: 6
Course Date/Time: Thu 16th Jul 2020 at 7.30pm- 8.45pm
Duration: 1.5 Hour